March Guru loves a good protest sign. The best are hand done. Duct-taped to a wooden yardstick. And in relatively good taste. Powerful statements of passion and purpose. (More on that later.)
But we all know that it is the smart and the funny that get noticed and that we, as marchers and activists, enjoy seeing. They give spirit and energy to the hard work of unifying. They give us a much-needed chuckle.
Here are 21 ideas to help spark your imaginations. We know you’ll come up with even better! Can’t wait to see what you’ve got.
- I’d Rather Be Screaming Into the Void
- MY BODY, MY CHOICE, MY INSATIABLE THIRST FOR REVENGE
- I Want Substantive Change But Will Settle for You Not Killing Us
- Rude of You to Have Made Me Come Out Here on the Weekend
- Tiffany, Blink Twice If You Need Help
- I Could Be Sleeping But You’ve Forced Me to Protest
- I’m Too Worried to Be Funny
- We’re Gonna Need A Bigger Sign
- May the Fierce Be With You
- Love Not Hate Will Make America Great
- Delete your account.
- Fight like a girl for your rights!
- Sexism has no place in the White House
- “I’m no longer accepting the things I cannot change, I’m changing the things I cannot accept.” Angela Davis.
- We The People ARE The Government
- Dignity, Respect, And Justice For All
- Normalize Equality
- “Women’s Rights are Human Rights.”
- Silence Is Not An Option
- Love = Power
- Make America Think Again
And in the NSFW category, these will make you laugh.
PHOTO: Sarah Mirk
and Portland Mercury reporter Alex Zielinski